What’s the Surf Coast Salute?
Links Property want to recognised those within our close-knit community that do good deeds for others, but rarely get recognised for their generosity.
It may be something small, it does’t matter. The smaller the better… because these people probably do lots of small things for heaps of people!
Perhaps that friend who you call on to pick up your kids from school for you when you are running late from work (sound familiar?).
Or the neighbour who always kindly mows your nature strip (before you get a chance to return the favour!). Or the other neighbour who always brings your bins in for you.
Do you have a friend who always drops over freshly baked food, to share the love?
It’s the little things we want people to know about because these actions shape the Surf Coast community. We want to encourage them to continue, because they put a smile on people’s faces.
If you think someone in the Surf Coast community deserves to be recognised – Links Property can help you do it by going to our Links Property Facebook page:(https://www.facebook.com/TorquayLinksProperty) and nominating anyone you feel needs to be recognised. You can nominate as many people as you like.
Links will feature some of these wonderful community members during the nomination period (Friday 10th January 2014 – Saturday 25th January 2014) on the Links Property ‘Hello Neighbour’ blog, and on our Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
Whilst the people you’re going to nominate don’t do things for a prize or recognition, Links Property have rounded up some gifts from our supportive local businesses Moto God, Scorched Restaurant, Joco Cups and TUS coffee in Torquay, that will be randomly drawn from all the nominations to provide some community members with a reward for their good deeds.
We don’t think it’s right to judge a good deed, in our eyes everyone nominated is a winner – that’s why the gifts will be drawn randomly.
Links will also provide some gifts to those that went to the effort of highlighting the good deeds on our Facebook page.
For three people nominated that are selected as winners, we have the following prizes, allocated randomly, and not selected by the winners:
A. A 2-hour pillion ride along the Great Ocean Road on the Indian Chief –valued at $250 provided by Moto God, Torquay.
B. A voucher to dine at Scorched Restaurant in Torquay – valued at $50.
C. A pack of four Joco glass coffee or tea cups from their new homeware range, plus 2 x 12oz glass travel cups – valued at $90
For the three people who nominated the winners, they will be randomly allocated one of the following prizes:
A. A Joco 12 oz glass travel coffee & tea cup and 250g of TUS coffee beans – valued at $39
B. A Joco 12 oz glass travel coffee & tea cup and 250g of TUS coffee beans – valued at $39
C. A coffee voucher valued at $21 – provided by TUS Coffee Torquay
Image source: www.totallyamped.com.au
The Salute Terms & Conditions…
- Those nominated must be members of the Surf Coast community, Victoria, Australia (as determined by the Surf Coast Shire boundaries). Only those that live permanently on the Surf Coast (can be renters), or own a house and are part-time/holiday here can be nominated.
- The reason the person is being nominated does not need to be significant, they should be nominated because they have gone out of their way, from the goodness of their heart to help others in the community.
- The person nominating and being nominated must be over 18 years old.
- When nominating a person you must do so on the Competition Post at the top of the Links Property Facebook page. Only nominations against this post will be accepted as entries.
- When nominating use the persons first and last name and the town/suburb they reside, and describe the reason you are nominating them in 100 words or less.
- Winners will be announced on the Links Property Facebook Page, (after they have been contacted directly and notified) so it would be a good idea to Like the Facebook page so you receive updates and notifications during the nomination period, and so you can claim your gifts.
- If the person nominated is not on Facebook, Links Property will require the assistance of the party that nominated them to gain their contact details to notify them of their win.
- Links property reserves the right to remove any comments or nominations made on their Facebook page that are deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms may be amended or replaced from time to time; entrants should check the Links Property website (www.linksproperty.com.au) for the current version.
- Entry is open only to residents of The Surf Coast, Victoria Australia who comply with any entry criteria as specified by Links Property. Directors, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, management, employees and other staff) of Links Property or of its related bodies corporate are ineligible to enter, or to be nominated.
- By entering this competition entrants consent to Links Property making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purposes.
- Links Property reserve the right to adjust or shut down the competition at any time, and reserve have the right to investigate possible cheating or tampering before a winner is determined .
- Winners will be chosen at random by software provided by Woobox.com from all entries received against the competition post on the Links Property Facebook Page, and verified by LInks Property.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the competition or the prize and that participation in the competition and/or using the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this competition and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk.
- No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the provider then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition.